Wednesday 21 July 2010

The hills of California!


The road took us off the Highway 101 and onto Route 1 for a couple of hundred miles. A stunning scenic coastal road which is truly breathtaking. Not only the vistas but the relentless rolling hills and hair pin climbs are a sure fire way to leave you panting. To be honest I enjoy the climbs and even more disturbingly I enjoy the pain. I see a hill in the distance and I size it up, I make sure I have a banging tune on my Ipod and then I hit it. Knowing that once I reach the crest of that hill I am forever a stronger man and I am rewarded with a panoramic view and a descent which makes me instantly forget about the climb and the pain I have just endured. Its like when your kicked in balls as a kid, you know the pain is awful and you think it will never stop but there is no greater feeling than when the pain goes away. We covered 96 miles this day and yet again found ourselves riding into the dark. Something which we swore we would never do again!

No comments:

Post a Comment