Saturday 17 July 2010

Arcata! The humboldt state!


Here we are July 17th with a rest day in Arcata, the Humboldt State. The weed capital of the USA. A quaint and quirky college town just short of Eureka. Full of hippies, stoners and tweakers. We spent the day strolling around and enjoying the farmers market. I stumbled across this curious looking lady and was intrigued by her concept. I told her my subject, my trip, my ride, with my boys and she created this amazing poem for me!




Only 276 very steep climbing miles to San Francisco. Well ahead of schedule and have around 9 days of rest between now and San Diego!

3 comments:

  1. Joe, I'm loving all the stories. And what the hell is that cinema doing still showing Caddy Shack and Taxi Driver?? Keep going - I'm immenseley jealous. Roy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'll be darned. Great to hear from u mr ronnie barkaaay. and even better to see your reading my blog. that cinema was unreal. lazy boy chairs, beers and pop corn and classic american movies. the way a cinema should run if u ask me. we have nailed 1200 miles to date. i am camping just north of golden gate bridge 2nite then having to nights in san fran. i am gonna pop a wheelie down one of those hills and cap it off with a endo no doubt. how the devil are u. are u still climbing devils dyke on a fixed gear eating 10% gradients for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only. But just watching Contador and Schleck eat 20% gradients, at 20mph for hours has inspired me once again. As have you. Keep up the good work and I hope to in the saddle for longer than my commute to work very soon!

    ReplyDelete