Friday 23 July 2010

A camp site domestic!

A nice easy 43 miles today, rolled into Samuel P. Taylor state park after dark to find a packed out hiker/biker site. Luckily a really friendly guy invited me and Simon to pitch up on his site. He was with his wife, two children, 9 month old baby and this 6 month old dog aptly named Sequoia. I camped at the base of three hollowed out giant redwood trees. It was unreal laying on my bed looking up at them towering over me. I was sleeping like a child in the womb. It was 1am. It was silent. It was pitch black. Suddenly I hear the wife shouting at the top of her voice. Running away, screaming, crying, irratically swearing, "you jerk, you fu##ing loser if you smoke pot again and get high I am gonna send you to jail you jerk". You could cut the tension with a knife. So after half an hour of her screaming at her husband a police officer arrives on the scene. "whats going on here sir? whats with the disturbance?" The husband replies, "look officer I've had a few beers, I took the dog for a walk and I met a couple of guys. I smoked some pot with them. I got high. I came back and my girlfriend starts freaking out. She thinks I have been off hooking up with some chicks. She's paranoid and crazy". The woman turns to her children and says "I'm sorry I'm so sorry babies. I'm sorry your dad is such a loser". I am sure that is the last time this poor guy will take an innocent stroll through the woods at night for an innocent little smoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment